Saturday, March 15, 2014

Challenge # 5 Bodice - Completed


The Challenge: Bodice
Fabric: Silk Taffeta and Cotton Velveteen
Pattern: TV 405 Vest Basque
Year: 1872
Notions: Buttons, thread,
How historically accurate is it? 70%
Hours to complete: 15?
First worn: Planning to wear to the Easter Bonnet Promenade
Total cost: All from stash
Finished the buttons last night. I am happy to have completed this within 2 weeks. I will have to look at adding more details later but for now it looks pretty good. Here are a couple more pictures. I need to iron the skirts and I will need a correct petticoat. It doesn't fit well on m dress dummy but that's okay when I wear it I will get some pictures then. 
Side view of completed outfit.

Definitely need to add a bottom trim or ruffle. 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. The to colors of blue really make it pop. I am an hours drive south of Sacramento. I didn't know there were any interesting costume things to do there! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete